Thursday, May 29, 2008

34w0d

OK Seriously, where has the time gone???

Our bambina will be here in 6 weeks!

I went to my OB appointment last week and had gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks (YIKES). My doctor wasn’t thrilled. He wants me to be more careful, his only concern being my pre-existing heart condition. I am working on it. Otherwise, the baby is doing really well. I found out that if I reach my due date and have not delivered yet the doctor will induce me ASAP, so I definitely will not be having Nugget anytime in late July which is a relief. Playing the waiting game is bad enough as it is! I will be having my first internal exam on either my 36th or 37th week, at which point I will have more details to share.

…In the meantime I sit and wait for her - but not idly! I have been working like crazy trying to get everything in order. Nesting is in full force and I am exhausted so it proves difficult, but I can’t stop myself. We spent all afternoon yesterday painting the spare bedroom and today we will finish up by cleaning the floor and painting the new closet doors and trim. As soon as that’s done I can finally start organizing the nursery and the spare bedroom the way I want it. We bought a new desk since I’ll be working from home for 4 months. Norman is planning on putting it together for me this weekend.

I know I still need to post baby shower pictures and as soon as I complete the nursery I will post those pictures as well.

As far as how I am feeling…it depends. I am physically worn out. My back, neck and shoulders are killing me. I feel really tired almost all day long. My heartburn and acid reflux is under control – thank God for Protonix. I have begun getting 3rd trimester nausea which really sucks so bad. It’s as bad as the nausea I had in the beginning. Norman helps me through it by rubbing my back while I lean over our bed and let gravity pull Nugget forward and off my esophagus or whatever it is that is being compressed to cause the nausea. Sometimes that helps, but sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes the nausea won’t go away. The support hose I have been wearing has really helped me avoid leg cramps and I am so eternally thankful for that! I am getting up around 5 times a night to pee and it’s driving me crazy. I feel like I need a crane to lift my ass out of bed in the middle of the night.

The bottom line is these are small inconveniences in the large scheme of things. I would do anything for our baby. I love her so much; I can’t wait to meet her!!!! She is so rambunctious in my belly I can only imagine what she’d be like once she is born…probably as hyper as her mama. Even Norman is amazed by her acrobatics. She has no space left in there but she sure is constantly squirming about trying to make herself cozy :)

1 comment:

Belladora said...

Time if flying, it's getting so close!!!!