Thursday, February 14, 2008

19w0d

Yesterday was one of the most emotionally exhilarating days of my life.

Our morning started bright and early and as you can imagine my tummy was in knots of anticipation. All I could force down was some OJ and off we went to see my Perinatologist.

They took me in right away and I was disappointed that it was a different technician who was going to perform my Level 2. I really liked the girl who did my Level 1 and was immediately turned off by this new lady’s off-putting attitude – but such is life. I am really good at first impressions and was not disappointed in my assessment of her, she was a heffer. This is our first child. I am emotional. I need compassion from people who are going to be dealing with me, my husband and child directly. But she did talk us through everything she was doing, explaining to us everything we were seeing.

As soon as the wand was pressed on my belly we got a perfect view of the baby’s bum, which gave us confirmation that Nugget is indeed a SHE! My eyes immediately began watering and Norman got a huge smile on his face. His little girl. The moment was truly priceless. I tried for the remainder of the scan to keep it together and did manage to do so. Norman and I were alone to wait for the Doctor and that’s when I really let it out. I was bawling tears of happiness. It is a feeling I will never be able to put into words. It is this complete and total unconditional love I have for this child that I never knew I could experience. It is a raw, primal love I have for our daughter. My daughter. I am so overwhelmed that sometimes I just can’t breathe. I am already a completely different person. My life and perspectives have changed entirely. I am a mother.

The doctor came to see me and said everything looks fantastic. The baby’s heart looks great and so do all of her other organs. I have a fetal echocardiogram scheduled for next week Friday, and then she wants to see me back on March 12. She told me that after the March 12 appointment she would no longer need to see me unless there is a complication. I am so thrilled. Of course I love having the scans done but parting ways with my Periniatologist is a good thing.

She is so cheeky. Waving at us and showing us her 10 fingers and 10 toes. She is very active. She likes to cover her face with her legs and feet. So adorable. We got to hear her heartbeat again yesterday; it’s the best sound ever. It was pumping strong at 158BPM.

I was floating in another world all day long yesterday. I couldn’t focus on anything. I am so happy and blessed and truly thankful for our daughter.

2 comments:

Cuerpo Aztlan said...

Glad you were floating!!!!

Big Hugs!

E

Hilary (Maya Papaya) said...

Just stumbled on your blog...

Congratulations on seeing your beautiful baby GIRL!!

Wonderful, wonderful news.