Monday, February 25, 2008

20w4d

And so it begins…

We knew buying preconstruction would mean no guarantees as to when our move in date would be. We gave our down payment on December 1, 2006 and were given an estimated move in date of December 2007 – February 2008. I called in mid-January and asked when they thought we’d be moving in and they said 60 days. A few days later, Norman and I went to view the models which were finally up and furnished. Well, 60 days is almost here and I am too embarrassed to keep calling and asking when they think we’ll be moving in so my cousin Karla called them for me last week.

[Karla was the Maid of Honor at my wedding. She, along with my cousin Allie, has always been nothing but the very best to me. They are throwing my baby shower. They are both my sisters and I am sooooo thankful to have them in my life and by my side always!!!!!]

Guess what they told her? 60 days. Mind you, it had already been about 45 days since they had told me 60 days. I just about had an attack. Norman and I thought we’d have to rent a place in the meantime because we are busting out of my parents house as it is. My parents are so great. Instead, they suggested we start cleaning out my brother’s old room in order to make extra space (OMG that room was a disaster of a storage area). The last thing I wanted to have to do was start renting somewhere to just have to move very soon thereafter so this is a small relief. I am really hoping that we are moved into our new home before the baby arrives in July but it is good to know that if we aren't, we have a clean empty space for all the baby's stuff. I mentioned to Norman that I don't want to assemble anything we get at the baby shower until after the baby is born, just in case we can move into our house in June or closer to the baby’s due date.

It’s frustrating but we’ll survive it. In the meantime hopefully we can save some money!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'm sending good vibes that you're in your new home before baby arrives. Everything will work out :)

All you need when baby comes is a cozy place for her to sleep and lots of love, nutrition and diapers!!! You won't need any baby gadgets or stations right away ;)

Always thinking of you. Jackie & Nola