Monday, March 10, 2008

22w4d



Meet the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow.

I’ll be receiving this bad boy sometime later this week or early next week. I have to say, I am in desperate need of lower back support. I am beginning to get bad lower back pain and it’s really uncomfortable. Plus I need to stay put on my sides, preferably my left side. I also need some kind of foot stool or something makeshift to keep my feet elevated throughout the day while I’m here at work.

I’m beginning to feel my pregnancy strongly affect me physically in other ways besides the nausea and heartburn. Don’t get me wrong, I can bend over and pick things up if I drop them on the floor, my wedding rings still fit, I can get in and out of bed relatively easily and I can still see my feet when standing (well sort of…I have to lean forward a little bit, but still!). These are just a few of the precious things I used to take for granted pre-pregnancy. They are now delicious treats because I know that given a month or 2 more I will be big(ger) and a lot more uncomfortable. Everything in perspective, right?

Nugget is a gymnast in the making. She kicked so hard on Friday afternoon that I almost jumped out of my skin (a cervix kick?) it was such a weird sensation! I can’t believe we still can’t see movement from the outside. They say that usually begins at 28 weeks and if that’s the case we have about 5 weeks to go before my belly comes to life. I am desperate for Norman to start feeling her. So far it feels as though it’s been my little secret because I don’t verbalize every single time I feel her since it is too constant now. He does talk to my belly, though. It’s the sweetest thing. She can hear now and react to loud noises. We are going to start playing music for her.

Our next scan is on Wednesday and I promise to ask for good pictures so that I can post them here. I actually have video of the Level 2, the only thing is that it’s on a VHS so I have to figure out a way to get it online.

Updates Wednesday!

1 comment:

Cuerpo Aztlan said...

Wow, how exciting! I hope the support and the kicking go well!

Abrazos!!!