Monday, March 31, 2008

25w4d

My mind is cluttered with things I want to write here. Let’s see if I can get it all out.

My appointment last week went well. I did get the prescription to have the glucose gestational screen done and made the appointment for this Wednesday. I have to drink thick, sugary goop, wait an hour and get my blood drawn. If the results come back elevated (above 140mg), I have to go back for another test that will say for sure whether I have gestational diabetes or not. The second test is similar to the first but instead of waiting one hour, I have to wait 3. I don’t know if I’m worried about this test or not. I am feeling great. I’ve gained a lot of weight (30 pounds so far) even though you really wouldn’t be able to tell by just looking at me since it’s mostly all in my belly. Regardless, there is nothing I can do but wait for the results so I’m not going to start worrying until there is something to worry about.

For those of you who don’t know, Norman and I had been living with my parents while our house was being built. Given the situation with the new house, we will definitely be staying with my parents longer than expected. This means making a bunch of changes, including using a spare room in their house as a nursery. So much work needs to be done in that spare room. It used to be my brother’s old room. The room was being used as storage…and it has wood paneling on the walls, yuck! We cleared out the room and I called Salvation Army to come pick up the furniture next Saturday. We contacted a contractor who will be tearing out the panels and replacing them with sheet rock, as well as adding the new baseboards and fixing the closet. We’ll paint the walls ourselves. My parents ordered our crib, mattress and changing table a while back and I got a call that it was ready to be picked up from the store. I guess we’ll have to store the stuff in the Florida Room until the nursery is completed. We also need to make more room in our bedroom for the pack n’ play – or for a co-sleeper (which I am seriously considering adding to my registry now that we are staying with my parents and are extremely tight on space). We spent the entire weekend cleaning up the house and have so much left to do it’s making my head spin. I am exhausted. I mean it. Everything hurts. I am getting to a point where I am becoming useless when it comes to physical exertion and I can imagine it will only get worse.

I was jolted out of bed early Sunday morning with the mother of all leg cramps. They just keep getting worse and worse. This one on Sunday was so bad I was wailing and screaming and crying in agony. I couldn’t make it go away on my own. Norman had to get up and massage it away, and even then it took what seemed like a lifetime to go away. This cramp started in my calf and worked its way down so far that I couldn’t even bend my knee. I was hysterical. I remember hearing Norman saying something like calm down, labor is going to be way worse. That scared me too; although my mom said she had leg cramps during her pregnancy that caused her worse pain than labor (thank God for epidurals). My leg is still killing me now and I am paranoid all night long that I am going to get another. I wore support hose today and am trying to do lots of feet and leg exercises to hopefully slow down the recurrence.

My baby shower (being hosted by my cousins and mom) is on May 17. I have the invitations and will be sending them out in 2 weeks. I am really looking forward to it. I am excited to see everyone and have them celebrate our baby girl with me.

Our baby girl does have a name, by the way. A few people already know. I don’t know what I’m waiting for to share it with the world? I will soon.

No comments: