Thursday, March 20, 2008

24w0d

At our last Level II, my Perinatologist noticed I had a very small cyst on my right ovary. A Corpus Luteum Cyst of Pregnancy she called it. She told me it usually meant that the ovary where the cyst formed is the egg that was fertilized. I always thought it was my left ovary that had been fertilized since that is where I always had the worst pain…but I digress.

So my cyst was apparently small and nothing to be concerned about. Fine. I truly never thought about it again. I don’t even think I mentioned it here.

Since last night, I have been having a sharp pain on my right side (very different from round ligament pain). I put 2 and 2 together and realized that the pain very well could be the cyst, right? I have had cysts before and just want to be sure everything is OK. I called my OB this morning and left a message with the front desk. They assured me he’d call me back. Three and a half hours later, no response. I call back and spoke to the nurse. She reassured me he’d call me back. Another three and a half hours later, still no response.

I am so frustrated.

The first time I discovered hemorrhoids I called the doctor twice and never got a call back either. I am beginning to lose my patience.

I told Norman I would go to the hospital if the pain persisted. How long am I supposed to wait before I call back and why in the world is it so damn hard for my OB to pick up the phone and CALL ME???????

No comments: