Monday, March 17, 2008

23w4d

I’m getting sick, but I am fighting it.

I went to Orlando for one night this weekend with my parents because it was my mom’s birthday last Saturday. We met up with my brother and my SIL and had a very nice time. We ate dinner at the Latin Quarter in City Walk. There were soooo many people there; I guess it was a combination of Mardi Gras and Spring Break. The restaurant turned into a club at 11PM and Nugget was not happy with the racket. She was startled and was kicking like crazy.

Poor Norman ended up staying home because of how sick he was feeling. You know he’s been fighting a nasty ear infection and I guess that turned into a really bad head cold. He missed work on Friday because of it and I felt terrible leaving him at home knowing how sick he was. But he was able to rest up and managed to get himself well enough to go back to work today.

I barely slept on Saturday night (I woke up with an awful leg cramp) and was exhausted last night. I felt really sick as soon as we got back home yesterday – swollen throat with a stuffy nose and head. I drove over to Jamba Juice and bought us both smoothies with Immunity boosts then took a nap that left me feeling worse than before. Don’t you hate when that happens? And I have hemorrhoids again.

I saw my Cardiologist last Thursday and he feels I am doing well. He wants to continue to monitor me and is going to give me an Event Monitor so that I can record the tachycardia I have been having. I called my Perinatologist this morning to see if he had sent the report over to her. I wonder if she will want to keep seeing me or not. They told me they were going to call me back and let me know. At my Cardiology appointment I had an Echo and EKG done. Right after the Echo, the radiologist put the wand on my belly and gave my mom and me a peek at the baby. She was sucking her thumb looking as cute as ever.

I am 6 months already, the last month in my second trimester. I am so thankful that things are going well.

No comments: