Monday, June 30, 2008

38w4d

Yes, I'm pregnant.

I'm due in 10 days.

It's a girl.

Her name is Sienna.

No, not Diana, SI-EN-NA.

Yes, that is a pretty name.

Yes, it's our first.

YES, WE'RE VERY HAPPY.

Why can't strangers just congratulate me and be on their merry ways? I am so over telling strangers how happy I am or how anxious and excited I am. I mean honestly, strangers. Leave me alone!

I can't sleep. I've been up for a while now with insomnia. It's a combination of discomfort and hunger and discomfort and anxiety and discomfort and hot flashes. I ate a granola bar and am trying to digest it before attempting to get into bed again. Thankfully I am working from home (have been since the L&D incident last Monday - have I mentioned that yet?) so at least I can nap briefly during the day or sleep in a bit if I need to.

My contractions last night were bad to the point where I actually started getting nervous, like O-M-G I could have this baby at any time and what if it's now? I started fearing labor and getting all irrational. This after having prided myself so much on the fact that I have been able to maintain my cool throughout the entire process. Obviously, no baby yet :) But I am calm again and will remain calm during the next scare.

I suppose that's it for now. I am still hungry. Maybe I'll eat some more.

I LOVE YOU, NUGGET!

2 comments:

Belladora said...

lollers, I've been waiting for you to start snapping. Poor innocent strangers...lol, I kid of course. I personally probably would've belted someone in the mouth by now! I'm starting to think Nugget is going to stay in there all the way up until your due date. Poor woman!!!!

Marathon Someday said...

Becky - just in case I don't have time to come and check things out - GOOD LUCK! You're going to make such a wonderful mommy!

I know exactly how you feel - I remember wanting to HURT some people when I was in my 39th week. I felt uncomfortable, huge, and I just wanted my body back.

Can't wait to read about Sienna's arrival - xoxoxo!