Friday, December 21, 2007

11w1d

Every time I say I am feeling better I jinx myself so I’m not doing it anymore. I ended up having to take my medication Tuesday night only so far this week which is really great, but Tuesday night I was completely non-functional and now this morning I am feeling very ill. Ill, weepy and exhausted.

I woke up at 2AM last night to use the bathroom and was unable to get back to sleep until 5AM. I was tossing and turning as much as my little baby belly would allow. I decided I was thirsty so I got up and drank a lot of water, went back to bed, tossed and turned some more, got up to eat something, watched a Wolfgang Puck cooking show on Food Network, went back to bed, went to the bathroom then finally fell back asleep only to be awoken at 7AM.

I have my Holiday Party tonight at Samba Room on Las Olas Boulevard. I am hoping to get some sleep before then because when I am well rested I start getting sleepy close to 8PM and the party starts at 7:30PM.

Here’s how I feel – you know when you’ve been crying really hard for longer than 5 minutes? You know that exhaustion? That stuttered breath when you breathe in? That’s how I feel except I haven’t been crying. At least not a lot or for very long. I did cry twice in 2 hours yesterday, once was when I heard Frosty the Snowman playing on the radio lol Norman was trying to cheer me up by singing along to the song and I burst into tears because I was reminded of my childhood and how wonderful it was and then I started thinking about how the man who was singing sounded old and it was an old song and how he was probably dead now. I feel so hormonal. I’ve never felt this way before and it is weird.

I read somewhere that mood swings should ease by the second trimester but never really go away. I’ll take that.

1 comment:

Belladora said...

You have a baby belly? I want to see pics!