Tuesday, December 11, 2007

9w5d

Last night I felt horrendous. When I got home from work all I wanted to do was go straight to bed. My mom was dying to go to Ross because she had gone during lunch and found some really cute maternity clothes at decent prices and insisted on taking me there. So since I’m always up for shopping being the fashionista that I am, my mom, my dad and I headed over and got busy. No sooner than I parked it in the car I started feeling like I may need a large brown paper bag.

Believe me when I tell you that nausea without vomiting is one of the most horrible experiences ever. I almost feel as though if I could only throw up then maybe, just maybe, I’d feel some relief. I have vomited once in the 9w5d I’ve been pregnant and it wasn’t even food so I doubt you could technically even call it vomiting - it was stomach acid and it made me feel even worse than before.

Another ailment that has suddenly materialized is motion sickness. The minute I get into a car I feel awful. Riding in the back seat aggravates it. Driving doesn’t help much either even though it’s suggested in order to minimize it. I bought those motion sickness relievers called Sea Bands at CVS and ooohhhh the irony of those black bands around my wrists as I hug the toilet bowl. I wear them in desperation when I think I have no choice but to try anything, anything for some salvation.

So back to Ross…I looked as pale as a ghost once we finally got there. My dad gave me a mint and some gum and that really helped. I was able to shop for tops and found 4 or 5 really cute ones, success!

Tomorrow is Norman’s holiday party and I worry that I’ll feel awful because the Unisom/B6 starts to wear off in the late afternoon and once I take the medicine I am passed out within the hour. I am hoping the nausea pattern holds true; I usually have a few really bad days then some decent ones. So far today I have been feeling much better than yesterday which is great. The days I feel good I don’t need to eat nearly as much. Having to eat every minute of the day to get some relief is so annoying, not to mention fattening!

No comments: