Wednesday, April 9, 2008

26w6d

My Braxton Hicks contractions have officially begun.

It’s my first time pregnant but I immediately knew I was having a contraction. There is no denying the feeling. It starts off as mild cramping in my lower back and abdomen, then my belly gets as hard as a rock. I’ve never had rock-hard abs before so this in and of itself is a foreign sensation lol

I first noticed the contractions the other night after sex (hi mom) and thought it was just a result of the sex itself. But then last night I got it again and was able to confirm that what I felt the other night was definitely a contraction. Apparently sex can bring on Braxton Hicks. So can a really active baby, and she is so active all the time. Other triggers are if someone touches your belly, a full bladder and dehydration.

Anywhoo, they are more uncomfortable than painful and I only got one big one last night and it eased away after less than a minute. The rule of thumb is go to the hospital if you are having more than 4 Braxton Hicks in an hour.

Food wise I am now excessively paranoid over everything I put in my mouth. This morning I ate my Heritage Flakes, skim milk and a banana. Snack is a low moisture cheese stick. Lunch will be a turkey sandwich. I am on a mission to eat healthy. I haven’t been eating badly, but I have indulged in the occasional cookie and ice cream cone that before I got pregnant I wouldn’t have dreamed of eating. That’s it for that. Funny thing is that I am craving sugar. All I want is sweets and I have never in my life been a sweets person. But I am stronger than the cravings!

2 comments:

Marathon Someday said...

LOL at "hi mom"!

My Braxton Hicks didn't start until I was around 34-ish weeks - and they got REALLY strong around 36 weeks. So you're early! They will start to get painful - but it's all good practise!:-)

As for the GD screening - I'm SO confident that you'll be fine the second time around. You have no idea how many of my friends had false positives. Don't worry, my dear!

Oh - and craving sweets...it's all about the girl you're carrying, my dear.

Cuerpo Aztlan said...

Don't be paranoid. Relax and breath as much as you can.

You are awesome!!!

BESOTES