Thursday, April 17, 2008

28w0d

28 weeks today!

Officially in my 3rd trimester today!

I am going to pick up the prescription for the 3 hour glucose tolerance screen this afternoon. I have an appointment for the screening tomorrow morning at 8:30AM so I need to begin fasting by at least 8:30PM tonight. I honestly don’t know how I’ll do. I have modified my eating and am hoping it’s enough, but the truth of the matter is that if I have gestational diabetes there is nothing I can do because drinking 100mg of glucose will send my sugars sky high. All that matters is that I have already begun making the necessary changes to my diet to ensure that my blood levels are always below 120 two hours after a meal.

I am feeling well, save for a huge pain in my ass – and I mean that literally. I can’t sit anywhere without getting the worst pain in my ass. I think it’s sciatica; it’s painful. I am wondering if one of those hemorrhoid donut pillows will help. I think it’s worth the money to find out.

Our contactor came yesterday and began installing the dry wall in the nursery. He’s coming back today to finish up and hopefully complete the plastering so that we can start priming and painting the room. We are going to be painting in these 2 colors:





The contractor will separate the colors by a molding. I can’t wait to see the finished product. It’s going to be beautiful!

I have my next OB appointment next week Thursday, after which I will need to start seeing him every 2 weeks. I can’t believe I’m at the every 2 weeks stage. Soon it’ll be every week…and before we know it our precious baby girl will be in our arms.

3 comments:

Hilary (Maya Papaya) said...

LOVE the nursery colours!

Congrats you're at 28 weeks!!! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Cant believe its that time either. Seems like yesterday we just "met"!

Love you!!

Belladora said...

Awesome colors, LOVE them and can't wait to see it for myself! Hope your appointment went well. I'm going to try to check in with you tomorrow if you are around. Love you. xoxo