Wednesday, April 30, 2008

29w6d

I slammed into the third trimester fast and furiously.

I am so exhausted. I’m talking beyond tired. I am so so so so so completely wiped out.

My tail bone is so bad it’s borderline unbearable. I bought an Invalid Ring a.k.a. Donut Pillow because I thought it would give me some relief but it has done absolutely nothing for me thus far.

My acid reflux is at an all time bad as well. I can’t choke down Tums anymore. I almost threw up the other day after trying to eat a few.

On the plus side, I am sleeping relatively well. I am only getting up 2-3 time a night to go to the bathroom which isn’t bad at all. Sometimes I am unable to get back to bed, but my pillows have been my lifesavers. I use the full body pillow, the wedge, a pillow between my legs and a few under my head.

This morning was the first morning I had a leg cramp since the terrible one I had on March 30th. Exactly one month, actually. God bless support hose. I am convinced that is what has alleviated my pain. This morning’s leg cramp was mild enough to go away with a quick jolt out of bed and stretch.

I am officially using nursing bras since they are soft cupped and have no underwire. My breasts are large to begin with and now with the added weight of the milk coming in they are ginormous. Plus last night I realized that the underwire of the bras I was wearing was causing a weird welt looking abrasion on the underside of my right boobie. I think I may have been blocking a milk duct or something. Who knows.

We are getting to that time where Norman had to put in his paperwork to request leave. It’s becoming so real. I am beginning to get a little nervous. I think once we get the nursery completed and take all our baby preparedness classes I should be better. I wonder when I should pack my hospital bag.

Speaking of baby classes, our first one is this Saturday at 9AM-12PM. It’s called Baby Care:
The Baby Care class provides you with the most current information about caring for a newborn. Teaches how “normal” babies look and act, and when to call the pediatrician with concerns. Class includes hands-on practice bathing, dressing and diapering a baby

I am hoping to have the nursery completed by this weekend, at least the majority of it. I promise to post all the stages of progress pics I took. The change has been amazing so far. We still need the closet completed (shelves and bars installed), blinds put up and electrical outlets switched to the new ones. Norman and I also need to finish painting all the moldings, trims, walls and inside the closet. We decided to put our bed in the nursery and use the room we are currently using as our bedroom as a den type room for the computers and baby swings and playpen. We need to make the most of what little space we have and this seems like the best way.

My Baby Shower is rapidly approaching. I can’t wait! I am really excited about it. I know that it is going to be so special. My mom and cousins are working hard to make it unforgettable and I am so thankful for that. I am going to find the time this weekend to buy a dress since if I don’t find one I’ll only have one weekend left before the shower. Maybe I’ll be able to squeeze my feet into some cute shoes, who knows?

No comments: