Friday, April 18, 2008

28w1d

Today's test was awful. My dad was with me so at least it went by quickly, he was great company.

I was fasting; I arrived at 8:30AM and they took the first draw. I was then given the 100g of glucose and omg it was disgusting to choke down. Twice as much as before, YUCK.

Every hour for the next 3 hours I walked in to the back and the same very nice lady drew my blood. I had my blood drawn 4 times total and have nasty bruises to prove it:



RIght after each draw, I would take my own readings using my nifty One Touch device. According to my readings, I passed the first "fasting" draw, failed the second and third, and passed the fourth and final one with a very low number (yay). So what does this mean? I have no idea. It's my understanding that if you fail 2 of the 4 draws, you technically do have gestational diabetes. I don't see the doctor until next week Thursday and I won't know what the exact results are until then. I can only assume that the One Touch results are rough estimates of the lab's exact readings. My only concern is that according to my One Touch, my blood level after my second draw was slightly above 200...that's HIGH.

I'll have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Belladora said...

Don't stress yourself out over this, you don't know what the doctor is going to say. Just relax and CALL ME! lol, love you!